Coconut and pistachio truffles
The whole family will enjoy these colourful and delicious coconut truffles.
- 125g Montagu raw almonds
- 115g Montagu coconut flakes
- 200g condensed milk
- 15ml (1 tbsp) cocoa
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) vanilla essence
- 240g dark chocolate
- 80g white chocolate
- Pink, blue and yellow gel food colourings
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Montagu pistachios, shelled and very finely chopped
Place the almonds and coconut flakes in a food processor and blitz together until the consistency resembles that of coarse breadcrumbs.
- Place the condensed milk in a mixing bowl.
- Add the cocoa and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the ground nuts and coconut and mix again until well combined into a thick and sticky mixture.
- Line a tray with baking paper. With wet hands roll the mixture into balls and arrange them on the tray.
- Freeze for an hour.
- Line another tray with baking paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate and pour into a small bowl.
- Dip the balls into the melted chocolate one by one. Let the excess chocolate drip off and carefully place back on the tray. Repeat with the remaining balls and chocolate. Leave the truffles to set completely.
- Melt the white chocolate and divide into four small bowls.
- Cover three of the chocolates with pink, blue and yellow food colouring (or colours of your choice) and leave the fourth one white.
- Use a piping bag or a teaspoon to drizzle the chocolate over the truffles.
- Sprinkle the pistachios over the truffles while the drizzle is still wet.
Store in an airtight container in a cool place.