Top 5 seeds for men’s health
June 12, 2019 / / No Comments
We take a look at the top 5 seeds for men’s health and the health benefits associated with these super-snacks. From fibre to protein and essential minerals like Magnesium, these nutritional nibs have it all.
- Flax seeds (or Linseeds) are jam-packed with antioxidants. These nourishing nuggets are high in alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a type of omega-3 fatty acid. Plant-based ALA fatty acids are proven to have heart health benefits and are linked to a lower risk of stroke.
- Often classified as a superfood, chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids to keep your cholesterol levels in check. Chia seeds are able to absorb up to 10 times their weight in water. This is why they help you to feel full for longer and they can be used as an egg replacement in Plant-based cooking.
- While sesame seeds are not in the limelight as much as their counterparts, they are in no way inferior. They are nutrient-dense and contain a wide array of beneficial compounds like iron, zinc, copper and vitamins.
- For those who are allergic to nuts, sunflower seeds can be a good substitute. These crunchy and nutty seeds are versatile and can be easily added into foods like yoghurt and salad. You can even have them on their own as a low-carb snack. Rich in vitamin E and fatty acids, they are also good for your skin.
- Known as a rich source of magnesium, two tablespoons of pumpkin seeds contain about 25 per cent of the daily recommended dietary allowance. It is also exceptionally high in zinc to boost your body’s immune system. Pumpkin seeds are also said to be able to induce better sleep due to the presence of the amino acid tryptophan.