Pistachio marzipan chocolate truffles
Pistachio marzipan chocolate truffles are the perfect snacks to treat dad. These green and brown globules of deliciousness are most definitely going to be mouthfuls of happiness with every bite.
A special thanks to Nita West for this beautiful, snacktastic treat!
15 minutes to make
200g pistachios (100g pistachios & 100g Montagu almond flour if you don’t have enough pistachios)
1.5 – 2 tbsp powdered/caster sugar (Keto use xylitol)
3 to 4 tbsp honey (Keto use eggwhite)
3 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp water, if mixture too dry
1 ½ cups of cooking chocolate – dark 70%
1/4 cup pistachio (finely chopped/crushed for decorating)
Wooden skewers for dipping into chocolate
1. Deshell your pistachios and place in the food processor. You can grind them up fine or leave a bit textured.
2. Mix in your powdered/caster sugar.
3. Add lemon and honey and continue mixing until a dough starts to form. (If your mixture is too dry add 1 tsp of water.)
4. Shape your dough into balls and place in the freezer covered with cling wrap.
5. Melt your chocolate over a double-boiler.
6. Dip each truffle into the chocolate and allow excess chocolate to run off. The chocolate should set quickly if your truffles are nice and cold. Once set, drizzle a little chocolate over the truffles to help the chopped pistachios stick.
7. Remove skewers and serve.