Montagu’s dried peaches are clingstone peaches hence the name “Yellow Cling” Peeled Peaches. Peaches are deliciously sweet and chewy with no sugar added.
Health benefits of PEACHES
- They’re good for your heart. A high intake of fruit and vegetables contribute to heart health by reducing the risk of coronary heart disease.
- High Potassium and Low Sodium. Diets containing foods that naturally contain at least 350 mg of potassium and which are low in sodium may reduce the risk of high blood pressure and stroke. All fruits and vegetables contain potassium.
- High in dietary fibre. Soluble dietary fibre plays a role in glucose absorption and maintaining a healthy blood cholesterol level.
- They support weight management. Naturally low in fat and low GI.
- They reduce the risk of cancer. A high intake of fruit and vegetables reduce the risk of cancer.
- Peaches are high in dietary fibre. The soluble dietary fibre plays a role in glucose absorption and maintaining a healthy blood cholesterol level, while the insoluble dietary fibre helps to keep the gut healthy. High dietary fibre intake from fruit reduces the risk of colon cancer.
- They help to protect you against disease. Source of copper: Copper contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system and the nervous system.
- Have a peachy morning: Add peaches to your breakfast! Chopped peaches go great with oatmeal, cereal or granola.
- Classic recipes: Use dried peaches for Southern-fried pies and cobblers which brings out the flavour of summer back to life all year long.
- Tasty kebabs: Use them on a skewer with other fruit and arrange the fruit skewers decoratively on a serving platter. Skewer some chicken, vegetables, and even peaches for a light and tasty meal.
Get spicy: Incorporate peaches into your salsa. Make a fresh salsa with diced peaches, mango
, jalapeno, red peppers and chipotle pepper. Use as a topper for your favourite tacos.