Chocolate and pecan topped pumpkin bran muffins
Chocolate and pecan topped pumpkin bran muffins are super versatile breakfast, brunch, lunch, work, picnic, weekend, playdate and lunchbox snacks. What more could you ask for in a snack than that?
A special thanks to Nita West for this stactastic recipe idea!
30 minutes to make
Makes: 12 muffins
500g packet of bran muffin mix (Sasko was used)
2 large eggs
125ml vegetable oil
1 cup of pumpkin puree
¼ cup apple sauce (granny smith was used)
(no milk – replaced with apple sauce and pumpkin puree)
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans (chopped) or more if you want to add to the filling
1 cup / bar of sugar-free chocolate (drizzling)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Whisk together egg, oil, apple sauce, pumpkin puree in a large bowl.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients before adding to the wet mixture.
4. Hand whisk until batter is evenly mixed.
5. If you prefer to have your pecans in the muffin mixture, mix now.
Or just sprinkle on top before baking.
6. Line or spray your muffin pan.
7. Divide batter evenly between 12 muffin holders.
8. Bake 20-25 minutes.
9. Let cool and drizzle with some sugar-free nova chocolate for decoration.
Keep calm and snack on…