Walnut and Banana Choc Chip Muffins
These walnut and banana choc chip muffins are a fantastic flavour combination. This delicious lunchbox snack is sweetened with bananas & choc chips. Make a batch over the weekend and freeze it for the week ahead!
A special thanks to Teresa from Cupcakes and Couscous for this awesome snack.
- 12 muffin cases
- 300g peeled ripe bananas, mashed (about 4 medium bananas)
- 2 large eggs
- 60ml (¼ cup) milk
- 60ml (¼ cup) coconut oil, melted
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 250ml (1 cup) plain flour
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 125ml (½ cup) Montagu walnuts, roughly chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Arrange the muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Place the mashed bananas in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl. Use a wooden spoon or whisk to mix until just combined.
- Add the walnuts and chocolate chips and fold in.
- Divide the muffin batter between the muffin cases. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool.