We've decided to think of something FUN that you can do with the kiddies. We created really tasty Emoji Cookies with our Montagu Fruit Flakes. Sceptical? You HAVE to try this! It is delicious. It is especially fun for the little troopers to learn their shapes and colours in a fun and interactive way.
- 3 Cups Cake Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 and 1/4cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 250g Baking Butter
- 1.5 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 packet Strawberry or any other flavour Montagu Fruit Flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add baking butter and mixing in lightly.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Roll out thinly on a floured surface and cut with round cookie cutters dipped in flour. Alternatively, you can use a glass to cut the circle shapes too.
- Place the cutouts on a greased baking tray and bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
MAKING THE ICING
You will need:
Combine all ingredients. Stir until smooth. If it is too runny, add a bit more powdered sugar / icing sugar.
- cup powdered sugar / icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Yellow food colouring
DECORATE THE FACES!
- Cut eyes and mouths from fondant or make from the remaining dough (will need to bake the dough).