These chewy pecan, cranberry and date granola bars are packed with all the sunshine energy and goodness you need to get through your day. They will also give you a boost to help you live your best life and do the physical exercise you enjoy.
A special thanks to Nita West for this delightful treat.
Takes 20 minutes to make
- ¾ cup Chopped pecans
- 1 ½ cup rolled (gluten free) oats
- ½ cup Montagu cranberries
- ½ cup (1 packet) Montagu No-No fruit flakes (cut up into smaller pieces)
- 4 – 6 Montagu Dates (cut up into chunks)
- ¼ cup of sesame seeds / chia seeds
- ¼ cup of Montagu pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup Maple syrup
- ¼ cup Almond butter / nut butter of choice
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the nut butter and syrup in a small saucepan on low heat, stirring continuously.
- As soon as the mixture begins to boil, quickly remove from heat, adding in the vanilla essence and whisk vigorously.
- Add the sticky mixture to the granola mix and combine well.
- (This is also a very sticky process that the kids can assist with once the mixture is cool enough to touch. )
- Line a square baking dish or bread pan and press mixture into it. Using your hands and another sheet of baking paper on top to press down firmly.
- Refrigerate and cut into squares or bars.