These tasty apple and walnut energy balls are great as energy-boosting snacks! They are filled with nutritious nuts, coconut and chia seeds to help you snack on only the good stuff. Perfect for popping into the lunchbox!
A special thanks to Teresa Ulyate from Cupcakes and Couscous for this great snack recipe!
- 100g Montagu apple wedges
- 45ml (3 tbsp) almond butter or peanut butter
- 45ml (3 tbsp) rice syrup or honey
- 5ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 125ml (½ cup) Montagu walnuts
- 30ml (2 tbsp) desiccated coconut
- 10ml (2 tsp) Montagu chia seeds
- Place the apple wedges, almond (or peanut) butter and rice syrup (or honey) into a food processor. Blitz until the apple is finely chopped.
- Add the cinnamon, walnuts, coconut and chia seeds. Blitz again until everything is combined evenly.
- Roll the mixture into small balls. Leave in the fridge for an hour to chill and set. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.