These rich, fudgy squares are perfect for snacking at home or at the office and are free from refined sugar, dairy and gluten.
Makes 36 squares.
- • 250g pitted dates
- boiling water to soak
- 50g raw almonds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150ml coconut oil, melted
- 1½ tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp honey
- Line a 20cm square tin with plastic wrap. Place the dates in a small bowl. Pour enough boiling water over the dates to cover them. Leave to soak for 5 mins.
- While the dates are soaking place the almonds and sunflower seeds in a food processor. Blitz into fine crumbs.
- Drain the dates and add to the food processor along with the vanilla extract, coconut oil, cocoa and honey. Blitz for about a minute until all the ingredients are fully combined and form a thick paste.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and use a spoon to carefully smooth into an even layer.
- Pop the tray in the freezer for 2 hours or until the mixture is firm enough to cut. Remove from the tray and cut into small squares. Store in the fridge.