Pecan cranberry and cheese truffles
Pecan, cranberry, cheese truffles, yum! What a perfect combination of sweet and savoury. This is a special treat to pop onto a platter, into a picnic basket or enjoy with crackers anytime.
A special thanks to Nita West for this delicious treat.
15 minutes to make
3/4 cup dried Cranberries (whole or chop smaller)
1/2 cup coriander leaves (chopped)
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup pecan nuts (roughly crushed)
½ cup pecan nuts (chopped fine)
230g tub of plain cream cheese
200g goat cheese (plain)
2-4 tsp honey for mixing
Honey to drizzle
1. Chop half a cup of pecans fine.
2. Mix cream cheese and goat cheese with cinnamon and honey. Add half cup of pecans and fold into mixture.
3. Place your cup of pecans in a ziplock bag and crush your pecans into smaller pieces. Add together cranberries and chopped coriander in a flat bowl.
4. Scoop out cheese filling and roll in nut/cranberry mixture.
5. Use your mixture to shape your ball into a round shape by pressing all sides until well covered.
6. Place in freezer on baking paper until ready for serving. Drizzle with more honey when ready to eat.