Chocolate and Brazil Nut Fudge
This dreamy, creamy chocolate Brazil nut fudge is guaranteed to make any taste buds tingle. Look no further for a recipe to make him/her swoon.
A special thanks to Astrid Field from The Sweet Rebellion for this yummy treat.
100g Montagu Brazil nuts
350g dark chocolate
385g tin of condensed milk
10ml vanilla essence
1. Grease and line a 20cm square tin with foil or baking paper, leaving a 4cm overhang on all sides (this will make it easier to remove from the tin later on).
2. Roughly chop the Brazil nuts and place in a dry frying pan over medium-high heat to toast. Shake the pan frequently to prevent burning. As soon as the nuts start to change colour and smell toasty, remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
3. Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a medium saucepan together with the condensed milk. Heat the mixture on low heat, stirring constantly. Continue heating until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is completely smooth.
4. Remove from the heat and quickly stir in the brazil nuts and vanilla essence, then transfer the mixture to the prepared baking tin. Use an offset spatula to spread out the fudge and smooth the top.
5. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, then cut into squares or use a cookie cutter to cut into heart shapes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.